You are here:
About the Analytical Chemistry Laboratory (ACL)
What We Do
The Analytical Chemistry Laboratory, under the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), provides scientific, laboratory, and technical support through chemical analyses of pesticides and related chemicals. ACL responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support and chemical analyses of pesticides and related chemicals.
- Developing new multi-residue analytical methods.
- Operating the EPA National Pesticide Standard Repository, which collects and maintains pesticide standards - samples of pure active ingredients or technical grade active ingredients, regulated metabolites, degradates, and related compounds.
Research Projects Managed by ACL
- Analytical methods for pesticide residues in food, feed, soil, water and other matrices
- Enforcement Analytical Methods
- National Pesticide Standards Repository; ordering pesticide standards from the Repository
Thuy L. Nguyen, Chief