You are here:
About the Chesapeake Bay Program Office
Nicholas DiPasquale, Director
What We Do
The Chesapeake Bay Program Office (CBPO) supports the Chesapeake Bay ProgramExit, a unique regional partnership that has coordinated the restoration of the Chesapeake Bay and its watershed since 1983. Bay Program partners include:
- the states of Delaware, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia;
- the District of Columbia;
- the Chesapeake Bay Commission, a tri-state legislative body;
- the Department of Agriculture, representing the federal government; and
- advisory groups of citizens, scientists and local government officials.
The Bay Program is managed by EPA through CBPO and is staffed by employees from a number of federal and state agencies, non-profit organizations and academic institutions.