You are here:
About Region 3's Laboratory and Field Services at EPA's Environmental Science Center
What We Do
Region 3's Office of Analytical Services and Quality Assurance (OASQA), housed in the EPA Environmental Science Center (ESC) in Fort Meade, Maryland, provides laboratory and technical services for Region 3's air, water and waste programs. The lab:
- is responsible for analytical services, site/project level data quality assurance, data management and integration;
- provides both routine and non-routine laboratory analysis; and
- plays a major role in quality assurance of all Regional data collection and analysis.
Cynthia Caporale, Associate Director
- Phone: (410-305-2732)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory Branch
- Technical Services Branch
The ESC also houses:
Region 3's Field Inspection Program, which conducts a variety of field investigations including complex multi-media inspections at large regulated facilities. The program also provides technical support to EPA's Criminal Investigation Division.
The Office of Pesticides Programs' Analytical Chemistry Laboratory, Microarray Research Laboratory, and Microbiology Laboratory.