You are here:
EPA in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Information on Methyl Bromide
- Superfund and RCRA Cleanups
- Virgin Islands Drinking Water
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Information
Update Regarding US v. VI Waste Management Authority Clean Water Act Case
- In a hearing held by the U.S. District Court for the Virgin Islands on June 25, 2015, regarding wastewater violations, the court ordered the United States, VIWMA and the Government of the Virgin Islands to file briefs by July 16, 2015, setting forth their positions with respect to: (1) whether VIWMA should be allowed to accelerate the termination of its contract with the private operators of the main wastewater treatment plants on the islands of St. Thomas and St. Croix, with VIWMA taking over the operation of those plants (the 2002 Amended Consent Decree requires VIWMA to use a private contract operator until the year 2027); and (2) whether the 2002 Amended Decree should be modified to incorporate terms and conditions for evaluating the release of the private operators, as well as the pending capital improvements that remain to be performed pursuant to a 2013 Stipulated Order issued by the court.