The Imperial-Mexicali Air Quality Task Force meets quarterly, alternating between Imperial County and Mexicali. The Task Force focuses on accomplishing the objectives under Goal 1: Reduce Air Pollutionof the Border 2020 Program. Meetings are announced on the Region 9 Calendar Page and everyone is invited to participate.
Objective 1: By 2020, in accordance with the NAFTA, promote the reduction of the number of vehicles operating in the border region that do not comply with the respective vehicle emissions standards, and reduce vehicle emissions at ports-of-entry through anti-idling and other feasible reduction measures.
Objective 2: By 2020, reduce pollutant emissions in order to approach attainment of respective national ambient air quality standards in the following airsheds:
- San Diego/Tijuana
- Imperial County/Mexicali
Objective 3: By 2018, maintain effective air monitoring networks and provide real-time access to air quality data in:
- California/Baja California
Any additional binational airshed that is designated as non-attainment for U.S. or Mexican air quality standards prior to 2015.
Objective 4: By 2015, support completion of climate action plans in each of the six northern Mexican Border States (as appropriate), and build the necessary capacity to guarantee sustained implementation.
Objective 5: By 2020, reduce emissions and associated impacts through energy efficiency and/or alternative/renewable energy projects.
The Region 9 Action Plans contain additional details of projects underway to meet the goals and objectives of the Border 2020 Program.
Meeting materials and agendas for the Imperial/Mexicali Air Task Force:You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Agenda, April 3, 2014, air quality task force (PDF)(1 pg, 24 K)
- agenda grupo de trabajo de calidad de aire 3 de abril de 2014.pdf (PDF)(1 pg, 25 K)
- minuta reunion Mexicali/Imperial 9 de enero 2014 (PDF)(4 pp, 34 K)
- Imperial/Mexicali meeting minutes January 9 2014 (PDF)(4 pp, 33 K)
- Agenda 12 de Junio de 2014 del Equipo de Trabajo de Calidad del Aire (PDF)(1 pg, 31 K)
- Agenda June 12, 2014 Air Quality Task Force (PDF)(1 pg, 30 K)
- Meeting Minutes, June 12, 2014 (PDF)(5 pp, 37 K)
- Minuta 12 de junio, 2014 (PDF)(5 pp, 39 K)
- Agenda 11 de septiembre, 2014 (PDF)(1 pg, 25 K)
- Agenda, September 11, 2014 (PDF)(1 pg, 25 K)