- CAMEO Chemicals mobile site now available
- MARPLOT's use in tornado responses detailed in blog post
- Population data from the 2010 Census is now available for use in MARPLOT
CAMEO Chemicals mobile site now available
In September 2012, we released a mobile version of the CAMEO Chemicals website. The mobile version has been optimized to display the CAMEO Chemicals site better on small screens, and it includes all of the same data as the full site. However, note that this is a mobile version of the site–not a smartphone app. You will still need an internet connection to use the mobile version of CAMEO Chemicals.
How is the mobile site different than the full site?
The mobile site includes the same data and most of the functionality on the full site, except as noted below. You must go to the full site to:
- Perform an advanced search
- Access print-friendly layouts
- Print reports
- Import/export MyChemicals
- Export the Compatibility Chart
- Access the help topics
- Browse through the lists of chemical, UN/NA, and reactive group datasheets
Note that you can switch between the mobile and full sites, and CAMEO Chemicals will maintain your session data. So you could use the mobile site to build a MyChemicals collection, and then click on the Full Site link to generate a report.
How do I get to the sites?
If you go to cameochemicals.noaa.gov, the website will assess what type of device you're using. If you're using a tablet, laptop, or desktop, you'll be taken to the full site. If you're using a smartphone or other small-screen device, you'll be taken to a page where you can choose to go to the full site or the mobile site.
If you go to m.cameochemicals.noaa.gov, you will go directly to the mobile version of the site. This is true for all types of devices (computers, smartphones, etc.).
On both the mobile and full sites, there are links at the bottom of the pages to switch to the other version of the site.
Tip for iPhone and iPad Users
If you're using an iPhone or an iPad, you can create a shortcut to the site. To do this:
- Open the browser on your device, and go to the CAMEO Chemicals site. (This will work on either the full site or the mobile site.)
- Browse to the page you want to use as your shortcut; the simple search is a good choice.
- Use the Add to Home Screen feature to create a shortcut on one of your screens.
MARPLOT's use in tornado responses detailed in blog post
Population data from the 2010 Census is now available for use in MARPLOT
On April 5, 2011 the 2010 population files for Census Blocks, Block Groups, Tracts and Counties were made available for download in MARPLOT.
Updating your Existing Population Data
If you downloaded population data in MARPLOT prior to April 5, 2011 you have one or more data files from the 2000 Census on your computer. To update these files, use the "Check for Updates" option in the MARPLOT Help menu to download new 2010 Census data files.
Note: If you're running MARPLOT version 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.1.1, or 4.1.2, you will need to perform a few extra steps:
- After the data file download is complete, exit MARPLOT.
- Browse to the location of your MARPLOT program folder (e.g., C:\Program Files\MARPLOT).
- Double-click on the "reindex.bat" file, which will allow MARPLOT to recognize the newly-downloaded population files.
- You can then restart MARPLOT, and the new population data should be available.
Getting New Population Data
When you download census block population files (either with a Get Population feature or using the Download Manager), they will automatically be the 2010 Census files.
If you have questions or problems, please contact CAMEO User Support at (703) 227-7650 or email the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net).