CAMEO: Online Resources for CAMEO Users
CAMEO Suite Resources
- NOAA's CAMEO Suite Pages Find additional helpful resources for CAMEOfm, CAMEO Chemicals, ALOHA, and MARPLOT. (NOAA and EPA jointly develop the CAMEO software suite.)
- CAMEO Companion Learn more about working with the CAMEO suite of products in this tutorial developed by the Arizona Emergency Response Commission. The latest version is available in English, and there is an older 2004 version available in Spanish.
- NOAA's ALOHA Pages Get additional information about ALOHA, including tools to help you use the program.
- Ask Dr. ALOHA Read informational articles on the NOAA site designed to help you understand ALOHA better, including guidance on what tools in the CAMEO suite can be used for Risk Management Plan (RMP) consequence analyses.
- ALOHA Arc Tools Use these tools (available from the NOAA site) to display ALOHA threat zones in Esri's ArcMap or ArcView products.
- ALOHA LOC Pages Learn more (on the NOAA site) about how to choose and use Levels of Concern (LOC) in ALOHA.
- ALOHA FAQs Read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about ALOHA on the NOAA site.
- ALOHA Technical Documentation (PDF) (96 pp, 1.3 MB, About PDF) provides a description of the models and equations used by the ALOHA program to make its estimates for source strength, gas dispersion (neutrally buoyant and heavy gas), and fires and explosions scenarios.
- MARPLOT 4.x Technical Documentation provides technical details about MARPLOT 4.x, primarily how the import and export works.
- Help Desk Contact us via phone or email to get assistance or report a bug.
- EPA's Office of Emergency Management (OEM) works with other federal agencies, state and local agencies, and industry to prevent accidents, as well as to maintain superior response capabilities. OEM provides national leadership for managing environmental emergencies.
- NOAA's Office of Response and Restoration Go to the home page of NOAA's Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R), one of the CAMEO suite developers. The OR&R site provides tools and information for emergency responders and planners working to understand and mitigate the effects of oil and hazardous materials spills in coastal waters.
- Oklahoma CAMEO Page ExitFind CAMEO suite exercises, tips, and other resources on this page provided by the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality.
- Hazmat High ExitRead a Government Technology article describing how high school students used the CAMEO software suite to help out with hazardous chemical emergency planning.
Other Chemical Response and Planning Resources
- Envirofacts Chemical References A form that searches the full text of information offered from the Envirofacts Master Chemical Integrator Chemical Reference pages, maintained by EPA.
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) System Information from the EPA about the transfer and release of toxic chemicals into the environment.
- International Chemical Safety Cards Information about hazards and recommendations for transport, storage, disposal, and response for about 1,600 hazardous materials. Available in many different languages. Provided by National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Toxicological Profiles (ToxFAQs) Information about contaminants found at hazardous waste sites. These factsheets highlight toxicity and exposure information. Provided by Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry (ATSDR).
- WebWISER Hazards information and response recommendations for about 500 hazardous substances, including common biological and radiological agents. Includes tool for identifying a chemical using physical clues and human health symptoms. Provided by National Library of Medicine.
- Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) Although CAMEO Chemicals includes several key pieces of the ERG, you may also want to obtain a copy of the ERG itself. This page allows you to (a) download PDF versions of the ERG in English or Spanish, (b) locate your State Coordinator to request a print copy of the ERG, or (c) access other ERG-related resources. Provided by the U.S. Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards Online, general reference guide for over 600 industrial chemicals with information on chemical and physical properties, health hazards, Levels of Concern (RELs, PELs, and IDLHs) and respirator recommendations. Also available in other formats (such as PDF and a printed book).
- Hazardous Chemical Factsheets Exit Briefing papers (in PDF format) about common hazardous chemicals, including health hazards, identification, workplace exposure limits, medical tests, workplace controls and practices, personal protective equipment, handling and storage, definitions, and emergency response information for fires, spills and first aid. Many of the PDFs are available in Spanish. Provided by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
- EXtension TOXicology NETwork (EXTOXNET) ExitToxicity information on a variety of chemicals. For instance, they have Pesticide Information Profiles (PIPs) that include toxicity information, physical properties, and environmental fate and effects for pesticides. Provided by Oregon State University, although the content is a cooperative effort of several universities.
- ChemIDplus Advanced Searchable library of chemical information from the National Library of Medicine.