Downloading, Installing, and Running CAMEOfm
- Download CAMEOfm version 3.0.1 and CAMEO Chemicals
- Installing CAMEOfm
- Starting CAMEOfm
- Getting help
- What's new in CAMEOfm version 3.0.1
Download the Program Components
Since CAMEOfm 2.0, the traditional CAMEO functionality has been split into two programs that need to be downloaded and installed separately.
CAMEOfm is a database application where you can keep track of information (such as chemical inventories and contact information for facilities in your community) to assist in emergency response and planning.
- Download CAMEOfm for Windows (Version 3.0.1, Feb 2014, 24.7 MB EXE)
- Download CAMEOfm for the Macintosh (Version 3.0.1, Feb 2014, 46 MB DMG); see instructions for latest Mac OS X versions
Note: The installed programs include extensive on-screen help systems (rather than separate manuals).
CAMEOfm System Requirements: The Windows version requires Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service Pack 2), Windows 7 or Windows 8. The Macintosh version requires Snow Leopard (10.6.x), Lion (10.7.x), or Mountain Lion (10.8.x), or Mavericks (10.9.x).
CAMEO Chemicals has an extensive chemical database with critical response information for thousands of chemicals, and a tool that tells you what reactions might occur if chemicals were mixed together. The downloadable version can share information with other CAMEO suite programs; an online version and a mobile site version are also available.
- Download CAMEO Chemicals for Windows (Version 2.4.1, August 2013)
- Download CAMEO Chemicals for the Macintosh (Version 2.4.1, August 2013)
Existing CAMEOfm users:
Installing a new version of CAMEOfm will overwrite your data. To ensure that your data is successfully transferred to the new version, download and read the instructions for transferring data from earlier versions.
New CAMEOfm users:
Windows users: Once you have downloaded the installation program, double-click on the CAMEO application file, then follow the directions on your screen.
Macintosh users: Once you have downloaded the installation DMG file, the installation folder should open automatically. (If it doesn't open automatically, browse to the DMG file and open it.) Follow the directions on your screen.
Windows users: Open the Start menu, point to Programs, and then click on CAMEO.
Macintosh users: Double-click on the CAMEO program icon inside the "CAMEO Folder" (which is inside the Applications folder or wherever you installed it).
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net), or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.
- Fixed a bug where a container's Type, Pressure, and Temperature were not included on printed reports from the Facilities module (v. 3.0.1)
- Made several field changes to correspond to the revised Tier II form, including:
- Revised design of some screens (in response to field changes), particularly the "ID and Regs" and "Checklist" tabs in the Facilities module and the "Location" tab in the Chemicals in Inventory module (v. 3.0)
- Added new 2013 range code values for Maximum and Average Daily Amounts of chemicals onsite (records with older reporting years will use the old range code values and records with a blank reporting year will not have range values in the drop-down lists) (v. 3.0)
- Added Manned/Unmanned facility checkboxes (v. 3.0)
- Removed "Number of Employees on Site" field and replaced it with new "Maximum No. of Occupants" field (when importing pre-2013 data, the "Number of Employees on Site" data will be lost) (v. 3.0)
- Replaced old codes for chemical container type, pressure, and temperature with the full descriptive phrases (when importing pre-2013 data, the old code values will be converted to the phrases automatically) (v. 3.0)
- Removed latitude/longitude method and description fields (v. 3.0)
- Enhanced search behavior so the you can use either the Search button (on the screen) or the Enter/Return key (on your keyboard) to start the search (v. 3.0)
- Updated to allow import of Tier2 Submit 2013 files (v. 3.0)
- Updated state-specific fields (v. 3.0)
- Made minor bugs fixes and changes (v. 3.0)