MARPLOT is the mapping program for the CAMEO software suite, which is used widely to plan for and respond to chemical emergencies. Learn more about the CAMEO software suite.
MARPLOT’s easy-to-use GIS interface allows you to add objects to a map, as well as view and edit data associated with the objects. You can choose between several background basemap images, and you can customize your map further with annotations and online layers from Web Mapping Services. You can also interact with the map in other ways, such as getting population estimates within an area. MARPLOT can be run by itself as a general mapping program. It can also be used interactively with programs in the CAMEO suite to display ALOHA threat zone estimates on the map or to link map objects to database records in CAMEOfm.
The Windows version can be run on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on Lion (10.7.x), Mountain Lion (10.8.x), Mavericks (10.9.x) and Yosemite (10.10.x) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
Important Note for Current MARPLOT 4.x and 3.x Users: Read the instructions for upgrading to MARPLOT 5.x to ensure that your data is successfully transferred to the new version.
Learning More About MARPLOT
What is new in latest version of MARPLOT (5.0)?
• Completely redesigned program
• Expanded basemap options with global map coverage
• Enhanced GIS capabilities with new data management options in the program and data fields now included during import
• Added auto-plot feature to easily create linked MARPLOT objects for CAMEO records with latitude/longitude values
• Added U.S. National Grid coordinates (in addition to latitude/longitude coordinates)
• Added ability to add custom symbols
• Re-established support for the Mac operating system, so that both Mac and Windows users can run the latest version
Note: We recommend upgrading to MARPLOT 5.0. However, MARPLOT 4.2.5 for Windows will continue to be available for download for a few months during the transition to the new MARPLOT 5 series.
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net), or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.