Children's Health Curriculum Lesson 1: Environmental Health 101
This lesson helps kids connect the earth to their schools, homes, and communities and teaches them how they all affect each other.
Kids Will Be Able To:
- define environment and environmental health;
- list the four things that all living beings need (air, water, food, and shelter) and give examples of each;
- understand why children are often more at risk from environmental health hazards; and
- understand that their actions can help to create a healthier environment for themselves and for everyone around them.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials. You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Download the complete lesson plan
Download parts of the lesson plan
Lesson Cards (PDF) (6 pp, 2 MB)
Handouts for students:
Take-Home_Talk (PDF) (1 pg, 551 K)