You are here:
Toxics Reduction Working Group
EPA and other federal agencies, states, tribes, and nonprofit partners established the Columbia River Toxics Reduction Working Group to share information, coordinate activities, and develop strategies to identify and reduce toxics in the Columbia River Basin. All meetings and workshops are open to the public.
June 12, 2014
Agenda and more information TBD
2012 Executive Meeting
The second Columbia River Toxics Reduction Executive Meeting was held in Spokane, Washington, in November 2012. Six initiatives were identified that will help advance the prevention and reduction of toxics in the Columbia River Basin. Read a summary from the Executive Meeting
Past Working Group Meetings
Download summaries and presentations from past meetings The following links exit the site Exit
- December 2012 in Hood River, OR
- July 2012 in Portland, OR
- April 2012 in Walla Walla, WA
- December 2011 in Yakima, WA
- August 2011 in Spokane, WA
- Download presentations and minutes from older meetings
Reducing Toxics in the Columbia River Basin is a periodic newsletter highlighting toxics reduction success stories across the basin.
- November 2011 Edition - In this issue: Oregon's revised human health criteria approved by EPA; Port of Vancouver Clean Water Challenge; Walla Walla River Basin pesticide stewardship; Nike Considered Chemistry; Salmon Safe; Groundwater cleanup at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation; Bunker Hill Superfund Site; Lower Yakima River suspended sediment and DDT total maximum daily load.
The Working Group periodically hosts workshops around the Basin to discuss strategies for reducing toxic contamination. The workshops provide a forum to involve representatives from local watershed councils, communities, agriculture, industry, tribal, federal and state governments, and nonprofit organizations.
Download presentations from past workshops The following links exit the site Exit
- Reducing PBDEs Workshop (February 2010) - This one day workshop in Portland, Oregon, was designed to help identify actions to reduce and eliminate PBDEs (toxic flame retardants) in the Columbia River Basin.
- Toxics Reduction Watershed Workshop (August 2009) - This one day workshop in Wenatchee, Washington, was an exchange of information with local watershed groups, municipalities, and other participants about their toxics reduction efforts in the Columbia River Basin.
- PCB Workshop ( July 2009) - This one day workshop in Portland focused on characterization of PCBs in the Lower Columbia and Willamette Rivers, monitoring efforts, and reduction activities.
- Toxics Reduction Workshop (May 2009) - This one day workshop in Pendleton, Oregon, was our first of a series of workshops designed to exchange information with local watershed groups and others about toxics reduction efforts in the Columbia River Basin.
Contact Mary Lou Soscia (firstname.lastname@example.org), 503-326-5873