Proposed NPDES Electronic Reporting Rule
On July 15, 2013, the proposed NPDES Electronic Reporting Rule was signed for publication in the Federal Register. This proposed rule solicits comment on requiring facilities regulated under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program and state, tribe, territory and federal regulators to use existing, available information technology to electronically report information and data related to the NPDES program in lieu of filing written reports.
Benefits of Electronic Reporting
The electronic submittal of data will result in improved water quality and significant cost savings for the states, as well as savings for the permittees, tribes, territories, and EPA, when the rule is fully implemented. This proposed rulemaking will also enhance transparency and public accountability by providing the public with timely information on potential sources of water pollution.
- Economic Analysis for the NPDES Electronic Reporting Rule (PDF)
- Summaries of EPA consultations with Indian Tribes (PDF)
- Clean Water Act Action Plan (PDF)
- Clean Water Act Action Plan Implementation Priorities (PDF)
- Webinar for States (August 27, 2013) (PDF)
Comment on the Rule
The closing date for submitting comments is: October 28, 2013.
Find documents and submit comments related to this rulemaking at regulations.gov within Docket Number EPA-HQ-OECA-2009-0274. On regulations.gov you can submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of this public docket and other supporting documents.
Contacts For Further Information
- Please provide your email to "Stay Informed" of notices for webinars and other outreach opportunities.
- General information about the rule:
- Tool development and economic analysis
- Carey Johnston, (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 202-566-1014
- Outreach and communication opportunities
- Rochele Kadish (email@example.com) or 202-564-3106