TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN #SW-54
USEPA, OIL PROGRAM CENTER
ORIGINAL LISTING DATE: FEBRUARY 25, 2011
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
Type of Product: Surface Washing Agent
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
|Anti Slip Solutions Ltd
Riverside North, Bewdley, Worcestershire, DY12 1AB, UK
(Mr. Dan Bayliss)
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
507 West Bird Avenue
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 571-8596
(Mr. Todd Vitek)
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: IMO Non-flammable (DOT: Non-hazardous)
2. Ventilation: Provide adequate ventilation.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: Chemical eye goggles should be worn. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice. PVC or rubber gloves are recommended. Use protective clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash with soap and water.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 130°F
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: 40°F
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: >40°F to <130°F
4.d. Temperatures of phase separations and chemical changes: Stable
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|Five years if stored in tightly closed containers under dry conditions within temperature range.|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
|1. Application Method: For general use apply the product by spray, brush, mop, or standard pressure washing equipment.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: SAFE KLEEN is a concentrated liquid that can be used either as supplied or diluted with hot or cold, fresh or salt water. For small spills dilute 1:3 (product to water) and apply as described. For larger spills prepare a solution of SAFE KLEEN diluted with 50 percent water and apply as described. Concentrations may be adjusted to take account of temperatures, types and age of oil/contaminant and other local site conditions. Surface contact time will also be dependent on temperature. For low temperatures and conditions of heavy contamination extend the contact time, where possible agitation of the product during application time will assist the efficiency of the cleaning. Thoroughly rinse with water.
3. Conditions for Use: Response personnel can determine the best method to collect residue, which can include, but is not limited to, oil skimmers, collecting booms, vacuum equipment, absorbent materials, and other appropriate containment and collecting mechanisms. The cleanup residue should be collected and disposed of in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
|VII. TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: NA; water-based product
2. Pour Point: NA; water-based product
3. Viscosity: 2.33 cst @ 40°C
4. Specific Gravity: 1.060 @68°F
5. pH: 11.5-13.0
6. Surface Active Agents: PROPRIETARY
7. Solvents: None
8. Additives: PROPRIETARY
9. Solubility: Totally soluble
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|