Consent decree in the Motor Liquidation Corporation bankruptcy regarding non-owned site. Approved March 7, 2011. The settlement agreement was filed against MLC for environmental liabilities at 34 non-owned sites and for civil penalties under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and the Clean Air Act (CAA) at other facilities.
Under the agreement, EPA will receive the following:
- allowed general unsecured claims collectively exceeding $36 million,
- allowed general unsecured claims of $353,000 for multi-regional RCRA violation claims,
- $48,260 for Region 5 RCRA financial assurance penalty claims, and
- $875,000 for a CAA violation claim.
More information is available on the case summary for the 2011 General Motors (MLC) bankruptcy settlement web page.
- Consent Decree and Settlement Agreement Between the Debtors and the United States of America: In Re: Motors Liquidation Company et al., f/k/a General Motors Corp. et al., Chapter 11: Case No. 09-50026 (REG) (PDF) (28 pp, 320 K)