Technology Innovation for Environmental and Economic Progress
Vision for Technology Innovation
- EPA will promote innovation that eliminates or significantly reduces the use of toxic substances and exposure to pollutants in the environment and that also promotes growth of the American economy.
- Building upon EPA's history of scientific and technological expertise, the Agency will seek out prospective technological advances that have the greatest potential to achieve multiple environmental goals.
- Consistent with its statutory and regulatory abilities, EPA will partner with a diverse set of new and existing stakeholders to speed the design, development and deployment of the next generation of environmental technologies, creating a cleaner environment and a stronger economy for our nation and the world.
To help achieve this vision, EPA designed the Roadmap on Technology Innovation for Environmental and Economic Progress to promote sustainable technology innovation and examine a broad range of approaches to solving the country’s most pressing current environmental problems and preventing future ones.
- Listen to EPA's Chief Financial Officer talk about the Technology Innovation Roadmap and plans to engage the private sector or read the Podcast Transcript (PDF)
- Listen to EPA's Sally Gutierrez talk about EPA's engagement in technology clusters or read the Podcast Transcript (PDF) (4 pp, 40K)
Innovation in Practice