Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Workshop
Sponsored by the Transit-Oriented Development Workgroup of the Environmental Financial Advisory Board (EFAB), the TOD workshop, held on May 24, 2012, brought together government, industry, and finance experts with a wealth of real-world experience in implementing transit-oriented development projects.
The Board’s goal was to collect information and ideas with respect to financing transit-oriented development. During the workshop, speakers and panelists:
- presented the state of transit-oriented development and sustainable communities within the current economic and legal frameworks,
- reviewed the experiences of cities in implementing transit-oriented development projects,
- considered the elements of a successful economic development dynamic,
- examined a range of established and innovative approaches to financing transit oriented development projects, and
- looked at the roles of governments in supporting development in and of sustainable communities.
City Experinces: Challenges and Successes
The Economic Development Dynamic
- A View from Inside a Transit Agency (PDF)
- Keys to Success (PDF)
- Meaningful Community Engagement in Planning Transit-Oriented Development (PDF)
Transit-Oriented Development Finance
- Financing TOD for Sustainable Communities (PDF)
- Sustainable Communities and TOD (PDF)
- Financing Transit-Oriented Development for Sustainable Communities (PDF)
- Public Private Partnerships (PDF)
- The Framework of Public-Private Partnerships (PDF)
- Primary Public Policy Issues (PDF)
For more informaion, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPA does not endorse any commercial product, service, or enterprise.