EPCRA/CERCLA/CAA §112(r) Consolidated List of Lists – March 2015 Version
The List of Lists is a consolidated list of chemicals subject to:
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA),
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), and
- Section 112(r) of the Clean Air Act (CAA).
It was prepared to help facilities handling chemicals determine, for a specific chemical, whether they may be subject to certain reporting requirements. These lists should be used as a reference tool, not as a definitive source of compliance information. Please refer to the requirements in the appropriate part of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Emergency planning notification under EPCRA section 302 (40 CFR Part 355)
- Emergency release notification under EPCRA section 304 (40 CFR Part 355)
- Toxic chemical release reporting under EPCRA section 313 (40 CFR Part 372)
- Hazardous substances release notification under CERCLA sections 102-103 (40 CFR Part 302)
- Accidental release prevention requirements under CAA 112(r) (40 CFR Part 68)
The List of Lists is available in the following formats:
- EPCRA/CERCLA/CAA §112(r) Consolidated List of Lists – March 2015 (PDF)
- Microsoft Excel – EPCRA/CERCLA/CAA §112(r) Consolidated List of Lists – March 2015 (183KB, XLSX)
- Changes to EPCRA/CERCLA/CAA 112(r) Consolidated List of Lists – March 2015
- Appendix B: Radionuclides listed under CERCLA,
- Appendix D: TRI chemical categories, or
- Appendix E: CERCLA hazardous substance chemical categories.
All appendicies appear in the PDF version of the List of Lists.
Substance Registry Services
EPA’s Substance Registry Services (SRS) database can be used to search for a specific chemical name or Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) registry number. It provides the regulations and statutes applicable to the chemical. Regulatory lists include those managed by EPA and other federal agencies and states. SRS can also be searched by a specific regulatory list and shows all the chemicals on that particular list.