GreenChill is an EPA Partnership with food retailers to reduce refrigerant emissions and decrease their impact on the ozone layer and climate change.
GreenChill works to help food retailers:
- Transition to environmentally friendlier refrigerants;
- Lower refrigerant charge sizes and eliminate leaks; and
- Adopt green refrigeration technologies and best environmental practices.
The GreenChill Partnership has three main programs that help food retailers reduce their refrigerant emissions:
- The Food Retailer Corporate Emissions Reduction Program
- The Store Certification Program for Advanced Refrigeration
- The Advanced Refrigeration Promotion Program