Grants and Other Funding Opportunities
Current grant and other funding opportunities
- See lists of all current EPA grants on Grants.gov and on EPA's grants website
- EPA programs listed in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA). The CFDA lists federal programs available to state and local governments, tribes, territories, public, quasi- public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions, specialized groups, and individuals.
How to get a grant
- View a PowerPoint presentation on competing for EPA assistance grants (PDF)
- Grants 101 tutorial
- For more information, see the links in the "How do I...? box on the right
EPA grant programs and other funding opportunities
- Fellowships and other student programs: Grants, fellowships, and research associateships
- Air Grants: includes competitive grant funding announcements for projects and programs relating to air quality, transportation, climate change, indoor air and other related topics.
- Brownfields Grants and Funding: existing facilities where redevelopment is complicated by real or perceived contamination.
- Community Action for a Renewed Environment (CARE): provides funding to build broad-based partnerships to reduce environmental risks at the local level.
- Environmental Education Grants: projects to help the public make informed decisions that affect environmental quality.
- Environmental Information Exchange Network and Grant Program: provides funding to develop an Internet-based, secure network that supports the electronic collection, exchange, and integration of high-quality data.
- Environmental Justice: includes the EJ Community/University Partnership Grants Program and the Environmental Justice Through Pollution Prevention Grants Program.
- National Clean Diesel Campaign Grants and Funding: building diesel engine emission reduction programs across the country to improve air quality and protect public health.
- People, Prosperity and the Planet: college students address challenges from a wide range of categories: agriculture, built environment, materials and chemicals, energy, and water. These can be challenges found in the developed or developing world and the solutions will move us towards a sustainable future.
- Pollution Prevention Grant Program: provides matching funds to state and tribal programs to support pollution prevention and to develop State-based programs.
- Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Grants and Fellowships: funds research grants in numerous environmental science and engineering disciplines through a competitive solicitation process and independent peer review.
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR): competitively funds environmental technology research at small businesses.
- Water Grants: includes the state revolving funds for drinking water and wastewater, grants for water pollution prevention and wetlands protection, and tribal grants.