The 3rd annual meeting of the IEMN (formerly the GEM Network) took place in the United States in July 2013. The meeting was organized by USEPA and the Environmental Protection Agency - Taiwan (EPAT), and hosted by CalEPA in Sacramento and USEPA Region 9 in San Francisco. Participants joined from Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, India, Ghana, Nigeria, Colombia, Argentina, El Salvador, and Brazil.
This year’s IEMN sessions featured the e-waste management experiences of U.S. states, with a specific focus on California, Minnesota and Oregon.
Materials related to E-Waste Management in U.S. States may be downloaded here.You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Broad Overview of E-Waste Management Policies in the U.S. (PDF)(24 pp, 1 MB)
- California’s Electronic Waste Recycling Act (PDF)(16 pp, 662 K)
- Introduction to E-Waste Management in California (PDF)(8 pp, 2 MB)
- California’s Covered Electronic Waste Recycling System- A Closer Look (PDF)(24 pp, 499 K)
- Overview of the Minnesota Electronics Recycling Act (PDF)(11 pp, 3 MB)
- Overview of the Oregon Electronics Recycling Law (PDF)(11 pp, 333 K)
- NGO Involvement in State Laws and Manufacturer Takeback Programs (PDF)(32 pp, 1 MB)
- A RAD Partnership: U.S. Approach for Appliance Recycling (PDF)(20 pp, 1 MB)