You are here:
International Grants and Cooperative Agreements
EPA provides grants and enters into cooperative agreements that support protecting human health and the environment while advancing U.S. national interests through international environmental collaboration.
Our International Priorities are:
- Building Strong Environmental Institutions and Legal Structures
- Combating Climate Change by Limiting Pollutants
- Improving Air Quality
- Expanding Access to Clean Water
- Reducing Exposure to Toxic Chemicals
- Cleaning Up Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Examples of Previous Financial Assistance Projects
- Global Mercury Supply and Use Management
- Environmental Governance in India
- Protecting At-Risk Communities in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Managing Pollution from POPs and Other Toxic Substances in China
- Supporting the National Program of Action for Protection of the Arctic
- Promoting Cleaner Fuels and Vehicles in Developing and Transitioning Countries
- Promoting Environmentally Sound Chemicals Management Worldwide
Additional Grant Information
For competitive awards, EPA will review and evaluate applications, proposals, and/or submissions in accordance with the terms, conditions, and criteria stated in the competitive announcement. Competitions will be conducted in accordance with EPA policies/regulations for competing assistance agreements.
- International Financial Assistance Projects: Grants and Authorizations
- U.S. EPA grants and cooperative agreements: General information
- Open competitive grant opportunities from all U.S. federal grant-making agencies.
- Catalogue of Federal and Domestic Assistance (CFDA): Learn about other grant-making U.S. agencies.
- Information on Receiving International Grant Payments
- Explore open grants for tribal affairs
- Full information: Direct Implementation Tribal Cooperative Agreements
- Full information: Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP)