You are here:
Schedule a Visit to EPA through the International Visitors Program
EPA's International Visitors Program arranges appointments at EPA headquarters in Washington, D.C, and at our offices and laboratories throughout the nation. The Program is operated within the Office of International and Tribal Affairs (OITA) and currently hosts between 1,000 to 2,000 visitors annually (2-3 groups per day).
EPA’s Regional Coordinators are located throughout EPA’s 10 Regional Offices and work closely with EPA Headquarters in Washington, D.C., Office of International and Tribal Affairs in organizing visits for international visitors.
How to Arrange a Visit to EPA Headquarters through the International Visitors Program:
- The proposed date and time of the visit;
- The name, title, and organizational affiliation of each visitor;
- A brief biography (C.V.) of each visitor;
- A list of at least five specific questions which the visitor(s) or delegation would like to discuss with EPA staff;
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number, fax number, and email address) for the visitor or the head of a delegation of multiple visitors.
- Appointments are scheduled for a maximum of one day.
- The International Visitors Program schedules appointments for foreign visitors only. Information about temporary or permanent employment, internships, and fellowships is available through the EPA Careers Website.
- All visitors to EPA must show a government-issued photo identification in order to enter the building. We recommend that international visitors bring their passports with them when visiting EPA offices.
- In order to accommodate all of the requests to host international visitors, the International Visitors Coordinator will often schedule more than one delegation in the same meeting, providing that using multiple interpreters will not interfere with presentations.
- Using video cameras or other recording devices inside EPA buildings is prohibited.
- Smoking inside EPA buildings is prohibited.
- EPA does not permit visits which have not been scheduled by EPA staff.
What The International Visitors Program Does Not Do:
- Arrange training.
- Host visitors for appointments extending longer than one day.
- Make travel (hotel, airplane, etc.) arrangements, provide travel funds, or issue letters of invitation.
- Make appointments for visitors at agencies or organizations other than EPA.
- Arrange additional appointments at EPA once visitors have arrived. Additional appointments can only be arranged with two weeks advanced written notice.
- Provide interpreting or translation services.
- Schedule or coordinate interpreters, local transportation, or other support services. It is the responsibility of the visitors or of the sponsoring organization to make all necessary arrangements for these services.
For additional information regarding EPA's International Visitors Program, please contact:
Pascale Lee, International Visitors Coordinator
Office of International and Tribal Affairs (2680R)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20604
Telephone Number: 202-564-1340
Fax Number: 202-565-2408 or 202-565-2407