(EPA Report 560K13002) EPA Region 5 prepared this report and bid specification development tools for cities, counties or land banks undertaking large-scale residential demolitions.
Anticipate the environmental issues and concerns so you can factor them into the planning and procurement process.
Develop contract language for a bid package that instructs contractors on specific technical requirements to achieve improved environmental results in a demolition project.
Table of Contents
- Environmental Concerns about Common Demolition Practices
- Highlighted Demolition Modifications to Improve Environmental Results
- Earthwork Field Trial with Cuyahoga County Land Reutilization Corporation
- Overview of Bid Specification Development Tool Use
- General Requirements
- Pre-Demolition Survey
- Waste Management Plan
- Waste Disposal
- Salvage and Recycling
- Waste Handling and Disposal
- Hazardous Materials Handling
- Asbestos Compliance
- Managing Fugitive Dust
- Impervious Surface Removal
- Soils for Earthwork
- Placement of Fill
- Soil Preparation and Seeding