You are here:
EPA Lead-Safe Certification Program
Please follow the steps below and start the process today:
Step 1: Where will you be working? Unless you plan to work only in one of these states (AL, GA, IA, KS, MA, MS, NC, OK, OR, RI, UT, WA or WI) goto Step 2. If you will be working in one of the states listed, follow the link provided above and apply directly to that state program.
Step 2: Get your firm certified. Submit an application and fee to EPA (apply online for quickest processing).
- APPLY ONLINE. If you're using the system for the first time, you'll be required to complete a brief registration process prior to completing the certification application online. You can also submit your application and fee by mail. Download the application and follow the instructions to apply by mail.
Step 3: Employees must be trained. Make sure your employees are trained in and use Lead-Safe Work Practices.
Step 4: Download your personalized logo. Once you receive your EPA Lead-Safe Firm Certification in the mail and logo instructions in your e-mail, feel free to use the logo on your advertising materials.
- Details on certification requirements for firms
- Fee information
- Materials and downloads for firms related to Renovation, Repair, and Painting
- Learn more about the Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule
- Get information on purchasing EPA-recognized lead paint test kits
- Read about additional requirements for work in Federally assisted housing