EPA has resources to help you prepare for and respond to both natural disasters and hazardous substance spills.
Back to Learn About Emergencies.
On this page:
- Emergency Response: EPA responds to oil spills, chemical, biological, radiological releases, and large-scale national emergencies.
- Emergency Response Community Involvement Program: Learn how to recognize hazardous substance releases, what to do in the event of a release, and how to stay informed about releases in your community.
- Mercury Releases and Spills: You can prevent potential mercury exposure to you and your environment
Learn ways to reduce risks to health and the environment due to natural disasters.
- Flood Cleanup
- Natural Disasters and Weather Emergencies
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Report an Environmental Violation
- Report Emergencies and Other Sudden Threats to Public Health