Health and Safety Resources
The mission of EPA is to protect human health and the environment. To accomplish this, EPA tries to ensure that people have access to accurate information sufficient to effectively participate in managing human health and environmental risks.
Back to Learn About Health and Safety.
On this page:
Children may suffer disproportionately from environmental health risks and safety risks. Learn about the risks and how to help protect children from them.
- Children's Health Protection
- Drinking Water in Schools and Child Care Facilities
- Healthy Child Care
- Healthy School Environments
- Lead-Free Kids Exit
- What You Can Do to Protect Children from Environmental Risks
- Carbon Monoxide
- Citizen's Guide to Pest Control and Pesticide Safety
- Drinking Water Consumer Information
- Healthy, Sensible Food Practices
- UV Index
Learn about the health effects caused by pollutants in the environment around us.
As we age, our bodies are more susceptible to hazards from the environment which may worsen chronic or life threatening conditions. Learn about the risks to older people and how to reduce hazards.