North Birmingham Environmental Collaboration Project
EPA is moving forward with a coordinated approach to evaluate the environmental condition and potential environmental impacts, in certain areas of the North Birmingham, Fairmont, Collegeville, and Harriman Park neighborhoods, as well as portions of Five-Mile Creek and Harriman Park ditch, located in and around Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama. This multi-media effort, which includes air, water and waste issues, is known as the North Birmingham Environmental Collaboration Project.
Fact Sheets and FAQs
- FAQ - 35th Avenue Superfund Soil Sampling
- Access Authorization Form for 35th Avenue Superfund Site
- Resident Letter and FAQs - 35th Avenue Superfund Site - Fund Lead Sampling and Cleanup Activities
- Fact Sheet - 35th Avenue Superfund Site Community Outreach and Sampling Activities - October 2012
- Fact Sheet - Walter Coke RCRA Cleanup - October 2012
- Fact Sheet - Walter Coke RCRA Cleanup - January 2012
- Fact Sheet - North Birmingham Collaboration Project - January 26, 2012
- How does Air Permitting work in Jefferson County?
- The Jefferson County Department of Health is responsible for air permitting in the Birmingham (Jefferson County), AL area. EPA Region 4 oversees the permitting of large stationary air emission sources, but does not issue air permits in Jefferson County, AL. Information about air permits can be found on Jefferson County's website.Exit
"The Proof is in the Permit" is a handbook designed to help you ensure that a Title V permit issued to a facility in your community is as protective of human health and the environment as possible.
What you can do!
- Attend Public Meetings
- Monthly meetings will be scheduled with Neighborhood Associations and Community Action Panels (CAP).
Participate in the Process
35th Avenue Superfund Site samplingEPA Announces Close of Access Period, October 15, 2012 – May 15, 2013
- Stay informed on facilities in your area
- The MyEnvironment search application is designed to provide immediate access to a cross-section of environmental information based on the user's location. Use the link below to find site reports, compliance reports, inspection information, etc. on facilities in the area surrounding 35th Avenue in North Birmingham. Demographic information based on the 2010 census may also be viewed with this tool.
- North Birmingham Multi Media Update