Open Initiative Homepage
My Green Apps provides more than 100 environmental apps from EPA, other agencies, and third party developers. We also list the EPA data used in each app. To help us create new apps, you can "like" ideas to help us prioritize our efforts. We then find environmental data so developers can create new apps. The site complements EPA's Developer Central, which is for app developers.
The Federal Facilities Site Evaluation Project (FFSEP) culminates efforts undertaken in 2010 under the Integrated Cleanup Initiative to determine the disposition of sites that appeared to be making insufficient, if any, cleanup progress. The FFSEP evaluated 514 federally owned sites that were identified in the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Information System as potentially stalled in their progress in FY2010.
To verify the activity description and status of the FFSEP sites, we worked with federal agencies with sites on the list, as well as the relevant states. This collaboration enabled us to make activity determinations on 491 of the 514 sites that had not been fully assessed. The cooperation offered by the other federal agencies and our state partners was invaluable to the success of this project. The FFSEP supports our commitment to open government by providing access to information about these sites so the public can more fully engage in cleanups in their communities.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Open Government Plan 3.0
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Open Government Plan 3.0 Outline with Candidate Flagship Project Description - April 2014
- Periodic Retrospective Reviews of Existing Regulations - Progress Report (July 2014) (PDF)(8pp, 142K, About PDF) on EPA's retrospective review plan.
- In summer 2011, EPA released a plan for periodic retrospective reviews of existing regulations, as called for by Executive Order 13563 (PDF) (3 pp, 56 K, About PDF) . To learn more about retrospective reviews, visit our Reg DaRRT website.
- View the 13 page PDF version of the OpenGov Plan V2.0
- For your review, Draft Outline for the 2.0 Plan
- Reports on the Air Pollution Levels of Schools Nationwide
- EPA Releases Searchable Website for Drinking Water Violations / Agency to host webinar to show how to use the public health data
- EPA Region 7 Launches Facebook Page Exit
- EPA Updates Database on Health and Environmental Impacts of Electricity Generation - User friendly web tool allows Americans to search for power providers by zip code
- Information Access Strategy (PDF) (23 pp, 813 K, About PDF)
- EPA Seeking Public Input on Significant Remaining Cleanup Area on Camp Edwards
- EPA Proposes Safeguards for Hazardous Waste Recycling - Action aims to promote economic, environmental and public health benefits of waste recycling
- EPA seeks public comments on revised air quality permits for Shell's Arctic oil exploration activities
- EPA Seeks Public Input on Plan to Clean Up Ground Water at NL Industries Superfund Site in Pedricktown, New Jersey
- EPA Seeks Input from Small Entities on Revisions for the Lead and Copper Rule
- Read and submit a comment on the draft of the "Waters of the United States" guidance
- EPA Establishes National Tribal Toxics Committee to Address Risks from Toxic Chemicals
- Healthy Waters for EPA's Mid-Atlantic Region
- Greenversations blog
- Pick 5 for the Environment
- Solid Waste and Emergency Response Discussion Forum | Town Hall Discussions
- EPA To Provide Nearly $2 Million to Revitalize U.S. Urban Waters
- Obama Administration Officials and Industry Leaders Unveil Federal Strategy to Promote U.S.-Based Electronics Recycling Market and Jobs
- EPA Recognizes Port Arthur ISD and Veolia Technical Solutions, L.L.C., for Creating Safer Schools
- EPA to Tackle Emissions from Trucks Used at Ports - EPA, industry leaders, and environmental groups to join forces for cleaner, healthier air around harbors
- Federal Agencies Partner to Revitalize Urban Waterways In Communities Across The U.S.
- Federal Agencies to Improve Coordination to Support Energy Development and Safeguard Air Quality
- Research Flights Seek to Improve View of Air Pollution from Space
- SmartWay to Launch Dray Truck Initiative to Reduce Port Emissions - Industry leaders, environmental groups and EPA to join forces in bold new initiative to clean the air at US ports
- EPA to Chair North America Commission for Environmental Cooperation - Joint partnership among U.S., Canada and Mexico to strengthen cooperation on health and environmental protection
- EPA Announces Partnership for First-Ever Great Lakes Week
- Community Action for a Renewed Environment (CARE) Program
- Environmental Justice Showcase Communities
- State Energy Efficiency Action Network