Pollution Prevention Week
The best way to protect the Earth and its people is to stop creating pollution in the first place – that realization became America's official policy in 1990 with the federal Pollution Prevention Act's declaration that "pollution should be prevented or reduced at the source whenever feasible.”
Pollution Prevention (P2) Week highlights the efforts of EPA, its partners, and the public in making pollution prevention a cornerstone of sustainability. Let’s all do our part to prevent pollution and build a healthier and more sustainable future for our children and the planet.
Everyday P2 Choices
We can prevent pollution every day at home through the choices and decisions we make. Here are some actions you can take during P2 week and throughout the year to conserve natural resources:
- Take steps to reduce our impact on climate change.
- Profile your home's energy efficiency with the EnergyStar Home Advisor and generate a list of energy-saving opportunities.
- Calculate your water savings by using water-efficient products in your home under EPA’s WaterSense Program.
- Use EPA's Design for the Environment tool to find safer products with the DfE label.
- Save money, conserve energy and natural resources by preventing food waste.
For more information on P2 activities, check out our Pollution Prevention page.
P2 Week Events
Sustainable Manufacturing: Leading the Way to Prevention, Profit and the Future. Sept. 17, 2014. Fetzer Center, WMU Campus, Kalamazoo, MI.
For more P2 events see the Pollution Prevention Information Clearinghouse calendar.