FY 2013 Planning and Budget
FY 2013 Planning
EPA develops the following planning documents on an annual basis in order to guide the implementation of Agency programs and strategies.
FY 2013 Annual Performance Plan: ties the proposed annual budget to the Agency's five-year Strategic Plan.
FY 2013 Strategic Plan Action Plans: provide specific Agency annual commitments to implement and advance each of the cross-cutting fundamental strategies found in the Agency's five-year Strategic Plan.
- FY 2013 Action Plan: Expanding the Conversation on Environmentalism
- FY 2013 Action Plan: Working for Environmental Justice and Children's Health
- FY 2013 Action Plan: Advancing Science, Research, and Technological Innovation
- FY 2013 Action Plan: Strengthening State, Tribal, and International Partnerships
- FY 2013 Action Plan: Strengthening EPA's Workforce and Capabilities
FY 2013 National Program Manager (NPM) Guidance: issued annually by EPA program offices to provide the Agency's ten regional offices, states, and tribes with guidance on annual programmatic priorities and implementation strategies.
- Final Air and Radiation (OAR) NPM Guidance (PDF) (105 pp, 700K) - Michael Hadrick: Hadrick.Michael@epa.gov
- Final Solid Waste and Emergency Response (OSWER) NPM Guidance (PDF) (84 pp, 573K) - Howard Rubin: Rubin.Howard@epa.gov
- Final Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA) NPM Guidance (PDF) (109 pp, 1.3M) - Maureen Lydon: Lydon.Maureen@epa.gov
- Final Office of Water (OW) NPM Guidance (PDF) (127 pp, 4.4M) - Vinh Nguyen: Nguyen.Vinh@epa.gov
- Final Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP) NPM Guidance (PDF) (60 pp, 394K) - Jennifer Vernon: Vernon.Jennifer@epa.gov
- Final Environmental Information (OEI) NPM Guidance (PDF) (15 pp, 221K) - Laura Palmer: Palmer.Laura@epa.gov
- Final National Environmental Performance Partnership Guidance (PDF) (17 pp, 105K) - Reynold Meni: Meni.Reynold@epa.gov
Response to Comments on FY 2013 NPM Guidance Documents
The draft guidance documents were available for comment through March 19, 2012. Regions, states, and tribes were able to send comments to Daniel Hopkins (email@example.com) and Marc Vincent (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the official comment template. Each program office's response to comments received is provided below. EPA did not receive any comments on the National Environmental Performance Partnership Guidance.
- Response to Comments on Draft FY 2013 OAR NPM Guidance (PDF) (32 pp, 304 K)
- Response to Comments on Draft FY 2013 OSWER NPM Guidance (PDF) (1 pp, 108K)
- Response to Comments on Draft FY 2013 OECA NPM Guidance (PDF) (27 pp, 254K)
- Response to Comments on Draft FY 2013 OW NPM Guidance (PDF) (24 pp, 408K)
- Response to Comments on Draft FY 2013 OCSPP NPM Guidance (PDF) (34 pp, 664K)
- Response to Comments on Draft FY 2013 OEI NPM Guidance (PDF) (5 pp, 209K)
FY 2013 Budgeting
EPA's proposed budget defines EPA's program goals for fiscal year 2013 (October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013) and associated resource requirements.
- The FY2013 budget proposal for EPA reflects a government-wide effort to reduce spending and find cost-savings, while maintaining the important work that we do.
- This budget is focused on fulfilling EPA's core mission to protect health and the environment for millions of American families - it demonstrates the fiscal responsibility called for at this moment, while still supporting the clean air, healthy waters and innovative safeguards that are essential to an America built to last.
- We also remain focused on dealing today with tomorrow's challenges - there are difficult choices throughout this budget, but they enable us to do what is required for our immediate priorities, as well as the challenges down the road.
FY 2013 EPA Budget in Brief : provides an overview of the Agency's proposed budget and activities.
FY 2013 Justification of Appropriation Estimates for Committee on Appropriations : known as the Congressional Justification (CJ), includes detailed budget information for each of EPA's programs. Also includes Data Quality Records, formerly the verification and validation section, which detail how EPA ensures the accuracy and reliability of its performance data.