Reporting FY 2013 Results
Programmatic & Financial Reports:EPA issues programmatic and financial performance reports on an annual basis.
FY 2013 Agency Financial Report (AFR): Summarizes EPA’s financial results and presents its audited financial statements. Also includes EPA's FY 2013 Assurance Statement and FY 2013 Financial Statement Audit Report.
FY 2013 Conference Spending Report: Presents information on the number, expense and purpose of conferences costing over $100,000 for the agency and information on activities the agency has taken to reduce conference spending. During FY 2013, two conferences required waivers from EPA's Administrator for costs exceeding $500,000.
FY 2013 Annual Performance Report (APR): Presents detailed performance results, as measured against the targets established in EPA’s FY 2013 Annual Plan and Budget. This performance results information will be highlighted in the section titled Overview of FY 2013 Performance in the FY 2015 Congressional Justification (begins on page 1032). The Overview of FY 2013 Performance section analyzes and provides trend data for key performance measures and summarizes FY 2013 program evaluations.
FY 2013 Financial and Program Performance Highlights: Summarize key performance and financial results from the FY 2013 AFR and FY 2013 APR in a brief, non technical, reader-friendly format. The report shows how EPA allocated its budget resources among program goals.
FY 2013 Action Plan Annual Progress Reports: Summarize the progress made towards advancing the cross-cutting fundamental strategies contained in the FY 2011-2015 Strategic Plan and the specific commitments in the FY 2013 Action Plans.
- FY 2013 Action Plan Annual Progress Report: Expanding the Conversation on Environmentalism
- FY 2013 Action Plan Annual Progress Report: Working for Environmental Justice and Children's Health
- FY 2013 Action Plan Annual Progress Report: Advancing Science, Research, and Technological Innovation
- FY 2013 Action Plan Annual Progress Report: Strengthening State, Tribal, and International Partnerships
- FY 2013 Action Plan Annual Progress Report: Strengthening EPA's Workforce and Capabilities
Ensuring Financial and Performance Accountability
EPA’s financial and performance reports satisfy legislative requirements under the:
- Government Performance and Results Act
- Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA); and
- Inspector General Act Amendments of 1988
These pieces of legislation aim to ensure proper stewardship of federal resources.
EPA’s reports also adhere to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance:
- OMB Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements: to promote stronger connections between performance and budget planning;
- OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Controls: to report annually to the President on the effectiveness of EPA’s internal controls and the adequacy of the Agency’s internal controls over financial systems and activities; and
- OMB Circular A-11, Preparation, Execution and Submission of the Budget: to prepare and submit the agency's strategic plan, annual budget, and annual performance report.