EPA Strategic Plan
Draft FY 2014-2018 Strategic Plan
EPA’s draft Strategic Plan for FY 2014-2018 is available for review and comment. The draft Plan is available at Docket ID: EPA-HQ-OA-2013-0555 on Regulations.gov. This web site also provides a link through which comments may be submitted to the Agency electronically. Feedback from reviewers will be accepted through January 3, 2014.
FY 2011-2015 Strategic Plan
The Strategic Plan provides a blueprint for advancing EPA's priorities and mission to protect human health and the environment. EPA submitted the Plan on September 30, 2010 to the Congress and to the Office of Management and Budget.
The Plan identifies the measurable environmental and human health outcomes the public can expect over the next five years and describes how we intend to achieve those results. The Plan represents a commitment to our core values of science, transparency, and the rule of law in managing our programs.
The Plan identifies five strategic goals to guide the Agency’s work:
- Goal 1: Taking Action on Climate Change and Improving Air Quality
- Goal 2: Protecting America’s Waters
- Goal 3: Cleaning Up Communities and Advancing Sustainable Development
- Goal 4: Ensuring the Safety of Chemicals and Preventing Pollution
- Goal 5: Enforcing Environmental Laws
The Plan also introduces the following five cross-cutting fundamental strategies which set clear expectations for changing the way EPA does business in achieving its results. For more information on how EPA is implementing these strategies please view our FY 2013 Action Plans. You can also learn about the progress we made towards achieving these strategies last year by viewing our FY 2012 Annual Progress Reports.
- Expanding the conversation on environmentalism
- Working for environmental justice and children’s health
- Advancing science, research, and technological innovation
- Strengthening state, tribal, and international partnerships
- Strengthening EPA’s workforce and capabilities
February 2012 Addendum to the FY 2011-2015 Strategic Plan
As required by the Government Performance and Results Act Modernization Act of 2010, EPA has updated its FY 2011-2015 Strategic Plan to include the agency’s five FY 2012-2013 Priority Goals. EPA’s Priority Goals advance our strategic goals and are specific, measurable, and achievable within 18 to 24 months.