EPA Strategic Plan
The Strategic Plan charts the course for advancing EPA's priorities and mission to protect human health and the environment.
The Plan identifies the measurable environmental and human health outcomes the public can expect over the next four years and describes how we intend to achieve those results. The Plan represents a commitment to our core values of science, transparency, and the rule of law in managing our programs.
The Plan identifies five strategic goals to guide the Agency’s work:
- Goal 1: Addressing Climate Change and Improving Air Quality
- Goal 2: Protecting America’s Waters
- Goal 3: Cleaning Up Communities and Advancing Sustainable Development
- Goal 4: Ensuring the Safety of Chemicals and Preventing Pollution
- Goal 5: Protecting Human Health and the Environment by Enforcing Laws and Assuring Compliance
The Plan also sets forth the following four cross-agency strategies which set clear expectations for changing the way EPA does business in achieving its results.
- Working Toward a Sustainable Future
- Working to Make a Visible Difference in Communities
- Launching a New Era of State, Tribal, Local, and International Partnerships
- Embracing EPA as a High-Performing Organization
The Plan also includes EPA’s Agency Priority Goals (APGs), a component of the Administration’s performance management framework which supports improvement in near-term outcomes related to our Strategic Plan. More information on the Agency’s APGs is available at Performance.gov.