Tour Request Form
**NOTE: all building tours are postponed until further notice due to building construction.**
We are pleased to invite you to visit our Region 8 headquarters building, which stands as a tangible example of our mission "to protect human health and the environment." We have developed a tour program that will introduce you to the design features, green products, innovative technologies and business practices that make this building a model of sustainability. Tours generally take about one hour.
As you tour our building, please remember that this is a working office. We have designed our tour route to reduce disruption to our staff, and we appreciate your assistance by keeping your voices down as we tour.
Instructions before reserving your tour
Visitor hours for the building are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday . The first and second floors are open to the public; please feel free to visit our Library on the second floor and Environmental Information Service Center on the first floor. You must be accompanied by a Region 8 employee to visit floors 3-9. The building is not open after hours, on weekends or on federal holidays.
We are offering tours to students (grades K-9) and high school groups; please plan to have at least two adults accompany each school group.
You may tour the first and second floors of our building at any time during normal building hours. You will see many of our environmental features, but not our green roof. If you wish to see the green roof, please see the tour request form below.
We will do our best to accommodate you. We will let you know as quickly as possible when your tour group is scheduled. For scheduling purposes, please allow at least two weeks notice before your planned tour date . If you have international visitors for the tour, please allow three weeks minimum notice.
Our building is designed to provide a high level of security for the people working inside. Here are some things you can do to help make our security check-in process go smoothly:
- Provide us with names for people in your tour group no later than three days before the date of your scheduled tour.
- All visitors need to bring a government-issued photo ID (i.e., a driver's license) on the day of your tour. You will be asked to show this ID as you enter the lobby.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of your tour , but not earlier, unless arranged in advance. Our security screening process is similar to screening at the airport: you will be asked to walk through a magnetometer (removing metal objects from your pockets), and your coats, bags etc. will be x-rayed. We regret that we do not have facilities to check coats or bags.
- You will be provided with a visitor badge after you pass through security. Please wear this at all times while you are in the building.
- Video, as well as photos taken with a cell phone, are not allowed.
- NO weapons of any kind are allowed in the building. This includes mace, knives, guns, etc. You will not be permitted in the building if you have any of these items.
Questions? Please email Wendy Dew (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to seeing you.