You are here:
About the RMCDC
The Rocky Mountain Clean Diesel Collaborative, the local arm of the National Clean Diesel Campaign, is a partnership of federal, state and local governments, non-profit organizations, the private sector, and environmental groups in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. The Collaborative was established in November 2006 and is part of a national campaign to reduce diesel emissions.
The mission of the RMCDC is to reduce diesel emissions through voluntary efforts to improve air quality and protect human health by promoting grants, leveraging additional funding and offering technical assistance and education to interested parties in Region 8.
- Upgrading/retrofitting existing diesel engines with improved emission control technologies.
- Replacing the oldest engines/vehicles with newer, less polluting engines/vehicles.
- Converting fleets to cleaner burning fuels and/or biofuels.
- Encouraging policies and practices to reduce unnecessary idling.
- Assisting with clean diesel projects by promoting grants and leveraging additional funding.
To become an RMCDC partner or member, please contact
Kyle Olson (email@example.com), U.S. EPA Region 8, at 303-312-6002.
Presentations provided to the RMCDC at workgroup meetings are provided in the following links:
- Lessons Learned in the SmartWay Program (PDF)
Presented by the Colorado Motor Carriers Association
- EPA's Emerging Technologies Program (PDF)
Presented by Rebecca Russo
- Advanced Series Hybrid Drive System (PDF) Presented by Parker Hannifin Corporation
- CO Energy Smart Transportation Initiative (PDF)
Presented by Michelle Scheuerman
- The Colorado Plan for Natural Gas Vehicles and Infrastructure (PDF)
Presented by Natalia Swalnick
- Colorado Oil and Gas Emissions Inventories (PDF) (Presented by Lisa Silva and Rose Waldman, this shows data on Colorado Oil and Gas Vehicle Emissions
- Truck Stop Electrification (PDF)
This presentation focuses on Truck Stop Electrification and was provided by Bob White, local representative for AireDock
- Truck Stop Electrification Video (WMV)
This video shows a Truck Stop Electrifcation (TSE) site in action.
- Boulder Electric Vehicle Company (PDF)
This presentation is an overview of the Boulder Electric Vehicle factory and was provided by CEO, Carter Brown.
- The Impact of Grid Supporting Transportation (PDF)
This presentation was provided to the RMCDC by John Bryan and presents useful data related to grid stabilization and battery storage as it relates to transportation infrastructure.
- Colorado School Bus Program (PDF)
A presentation provided to the RMCDC by Lisa Silva of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment outlining the effectiveness of their clean school bus program.