You are here:
The goal of the Region 8 Air and Radiation Program is to keep the air clean across the Rocky Mountains and High Plains. Through implementation and oversight of the Clean Air Act, Region 8 ensures that six states and 27 tribes throughout the West have healthy air to breathe. It is an ongoing challenge, but we strive to protect the air in our cities and towns, wilderness areas and tribal lands.
The Region 8 Air organizational chart (PDF) is highlighted by section under oversight and direct implementation. Click here for the image version of the Air org chart.
Region 8 Air Hot Topics
- EPA's Plans for Public Hearings on May 15, 2013 in Bismarck, North Dakota for Proposed Reconsideration Action on North Dakota’s Regional Haze Plan (PDF) (3 pp, 72 K, About PDF)
- EPA's Proposed Reconsideration Action on North Dakota’s Regional Haze Plan
- Federal Implementation Plan for Oil and Natural Gas Production Facilities on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, North Dakota
- EPA's Final Rulemaking Action on Wyoming's 309 Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Rulemaking Action on Utah's Regional Haze SIP
- EPA's Final Action on Colorado's Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's final action for Montana Regional Haze
- Notice of Data Availability for Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan; Federal Implementation Plan for Regional Haze
- EPA's Proposed Action on Wyoming's 309 SIP
- EPA's Proposed Action on Wyoming's 309(g) Regional Haze SIP
- EPA's Proposed Action on Utah's Regional Haze SIP
- EPA's Final Action on North Dakota's Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Action on South Dakota's Regional Haze Plan
- Idle Free Schools Toolkit
- Pinon Ridge Uranium Mill Construction Approval
- Whirlwind Uranium Mine Construction Approval
- Rocky Mountain Clean Diesel Collaborative
- Deseret Bonanza Final PSD Permit
- Denver's Ozone Concentrations
- Utah's Ozone Concentrations
- Cross-State Air Pollution Rule (CSAPR); Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Lost Creek In Situ Recovery Construction Approval
Monitoring locations, air pollutants monitored, quality assurance practices, monitoring methods, and air toxics monitoring program.
Permits for construction of new and modified facilities (PSD permits) and permits for operation of new and existing major sources (title V permits).
Indoor Air Quality
Extensive information on indoor air quality and radiation issues.
Air Quality Planning Unit
Policies, Planning, Nonattainment areas, and Emissions.
State Implementation Plans
Information on all types of standards, rules, regulations and state implementation plans.