Automotive Repair and Maintenance Sectors (NAICS 8111)
Automotive repair and maintenance is part of the Other Services Sector (NAICS 81). It includes establishments involved in providing repair and maintenance services for automotive vehicles, such as passenger cars, trucks, and vans, and all trailers. Establishments employ mechanics to diagnose and repair the mechanical and electrical systems for automotive vehicles, repair automotive interiors, and paint or repair automotive exteriors.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning (Servicing): refrigerant service and handling for motor vehicles.
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Automobile & Light Duty Truck Surface Coating
- Engine Test Cells/Stands (combined with Rocket Testing Facilities)
- Paint Stripping and Miscellaneous Surface Coating Operations (PDF)(2 pp, 247 K): brochure for area sources
- Vehicles, Engines, and Fuels
- Automotive Sector Compliance Assistance: including sector profiles and assistance centers.
- RCRA in Focus: Vehicle Maintenance (PDF)(20 pp, 371K):guide for small business, includes a hazardous waste requirements.
Policies and Guidance
- Managing Used Oil: Advice for Small Businesses: used oil management standards.