Automotive Sectors (NAICS 336, 4231, 8111)
Included in the Automotive Sectors are NAICS 336 Transportation Equipment Manufacturing, NAICS 4231 Motor Vehicle and Motor Vehicle Parts and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers, and NAICS 8111 Automotive Repair and Maintenance.
Industries and facilities in these sectors engage motor vehicle manufacturing, sales and salvage, and repair and maintenance services, for cars, trucks, trailers, and other motor vehicles.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Laws and Regulations
- Hazardous Waste Types: F019 Wastewater Treatment Sludge Final Rule
- Significant New Use Rule for Elemental Mercury in Certain Motor Vehicle Switches
- Alternatives/SNAP: Substitutes in Metal Cleaning
- Alternatives/ SNAP: Substitutes in Motor Vehicle Air Conditioners
- Halogenated Cleaning Solvents (Degreasing Organic Cleaners)
- Industrial/Commercial/Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters
- Motor Vehicle Waste Disposal Wells
- Importing Vehicles and Engines