Construction Sector (NAICS 23)
The construction sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in the construction of buildings or engineering projects (e.g., highways and utility systems). Establishments primarily engaged in the preparation of sites for new construction and establishments primarily engaged in subdividing land for sale as building sites also are included in this sector.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Laws and Regulations
- Construction Sector Compliance Assistance
- List of Compliance Assistance Tools for Construction Sites (PDF) (41 pp, 529 K)
- Managing Your Environmental Responsibilities: A Planning Guide for Construction and Development (MYER) (PDF) (225 pp, 2386 K)
- New Buildings and Infrastructure Compliance Resources
- Industrial Materials Recycling: Construction and Demolitions Materials: reducing and recycling C&D materials.
- RCRA in Focus: Construction, Demolition, and Renovation (PDF) (24 pp, 1536 K): guide for small business, includes a hazardous waste table of RCRA requirements and answers to frequently asked questions.