Educational Services Sector (NAICS 61)
Industries in the Educational Services sectors provide instruction and training in a wide variety of subjects. Establishments in this sector include elementary and secondary schools, junior colleges and colleges, universities, and professional schools.
Laws and Regulations
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters: National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPS).
- Drinking Water in Schools & Child Care Facilities
- Key Federal EPA Regulations for K-12 Schools (PDF)
- Boiler Compliance at Area Sources
- Combustion Portal: Exit compliance assistance center.
- Healthy School Environments: resources for elementary and secondary (K-12) schools.
- Twenty Questions for College and University Presidents: to find out if these facilities are in compliance.
- College and University Initiative: Common Violations: overview of issues found at colleges and universities in EPA Region 1, New England.
Policy and Guidance
- Creating Healthy Indoor Environments in Schools: indoor air quality guidance.
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS) for Colleges and Universities: guide to EMS programs, from EPA’s Region 1 office.