Food Processing Sector (NAICS 311)
Food processing is part of the manufacturing sector (NAICS 31 - 33). This covers commercial manufacturing that starts with raw animal, vegetable or marine materials and transforms them into food stuffs or edible products such as dairy, meat, vegetable, bakery, grain and cereals.
Additional regulatory information may be available from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Implementation of Requirements under the Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA)
- Pesticide Tolerances
- Tolerances and Exemptions for Pesticide Chemical Residues in Food: 40 CFR Part 180, from the GPO's electronic CFR (e-CFR)
- Boiler Compliance at Area Sources
- Combustion Portal Exit: compliance assistance center.
- Food Processing Sector Compliance Assistance: including sector profiles, compliance assistance centers, and more.
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 9: Food and Agricultural Industries: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories.