Local Governments (Executive Offices) Sector (NAICS 921110)
Part of the larger public administration sector (NAICS 92), this sector consists of units of local government that must comply with environmental requirements during their daily operations and while providing services to their residents.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- State Implementation Plans Status and Information: how states and EPA work together to meet and maintain National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- Public Drinking Water Systems Programs
- Effluent Guidelines: Drinking Water Treatment
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES): wastewater permitting:
- Municipalities and Wastewater Treatment Plants: includes stormwater and sewer overflow information.
- Small Public Water Systems and Capacity Development
- Wastewater in Small Communities
- Water Security: Legislation and Directives: protecting water supply and utilities
- Boiler Compliance at Area Sources
- Combustion Portal Exit: compliance assistance center.
- Compliance Guidance under the Safe Drinking Water Act: information for public drinking water systems
- Local Government Compliance Assistance Exit: including sector profiles and compliance assistance centers.
- TSCA Section 402/404: Lead-Based Paint Renovation Program: guidance to assist states and tribes to manage lead renovation, repair and painting programs.
- Wastewater in Small Communities: financial, technical, and programmatic assistance.
- State and Local Government Activities and Liability Protections: Cleanup of contaminated properties