Plastics and Rubber Products Manufacturing (NAICS 326)
The plastics and rubber products manufacturing sector (NAICS 326) includes establishments that make goods by processing plastics materials and raw rubber. The man-made fiber industry (NAICS 422) covers the manufacturing of cellulosic, noncellulosic, and polyester fibers. Since 1953, most man-made fibers are synthetic fibers.
Both are part of the manufacturing sector (NAICS 31 - 33).
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Cellulose Products Manufacturing
- Fabric Printing, Coating & Dyeing
- Flexible Polyurethane Foam Fabrication Operation
- Industrial Cooling Towers
- Metal Coil (surface coating)
- Paper and Other Web (surface coating)
- Printing and Publishing (surface coating)
- Reinforced Plastic Composites Production
- Rubber Tire Manufacturing
- Combustion Portal: Exit compliance assistance center.
- Rubber, Plastic and Man-made Fiber Sector Compliance Assistance: sector profiles and assistance centers.
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 6: Organic Chemical Process Industry: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories, including the plastics industry.