Textile Manufacturing Sector (NAICS 313)
Textile manufacturing is part of the manufacturing sector (NAICS 31 - 33). This sector consists of establishments engaged in spinning natural and manmade fibers into yarns and threads. These are then woven or knitted into fabrics, and the fabrics are dyed and finished.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Textile Sector Compliance Assistance: including sector profiles and assistance centers.
- RCRA in Focus: Leather Manufacturing (PDF) (20 pp, 359K)
- RCRA in Focus: Textile Manufacturing (PDF) (15 pp, 503K): guide for small business, includes a hazardous waste table of RCRA requirements