Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
Are you an entrepreneur with an idea for green technology? EPA’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program may be an opportunity to help advance your innovation. Learn About SBIR
EPA is one of 11 federal agencies that participate in the SBIR Program established by the Small Business Innovation Development Act of 1982. EPA issues annual solicitations for Phase I and Phase II research proposals from science and technology-based firms. Phase II contracts are limited to small businesses that have successfully completed their Phase I projects.
- EPA Announces $1.9 Million to Small Businesses to help Support the Nation’s Green Economy – September 2015
- EPA Blog: Seeding Environmental Innovation – July 2015
- U.S. EPA SBIR Award Recipient Receives 2015 Tibbetts Award – May 2015
- EPA Blog: On the Road from Cajun Country to the Heartland to Seed Small Business Innovation Research – May 2015
- SBIR Success Stories and Highlights