Ecosystems Science Resources
On this page:
Science at EPA provides the foundation for credible decision-making to safeguard human health and ecosystems from environmental pollutants.
- Ecosystems Research
- Ecosystems Services
- Ecological Exposure Research
- Landscape Ecology
- Ecological Condition
- Ecosystems Models, Databases and Tools
A measurement, statistic or value that provides a proximate gauge or evidence of the effects of environmental management programs or of the state or condition of the environment.
- Local Environmental Indicators Reports
- Biological Criteria
- Climate Change: Ecosystems Impacts and Adaptation
- Climate Change: Forests Impacts and Adaptation
EPA considers risk to be the chance of harmful effects to human health or to ecological systems resulting from exposure to an environmental stressor.
Risk Assessment and Characterization
- Ecological Risk Assessment
- Waste & Cleanup: Ecological Risk Characterization
- Pesticides: Ecological Risk Assessments
- Natural Resource Damages: Ecological Risk Assessment
- Pesticides: Endangered Species Effects Determinations
- Ecotox Database - a source for locating single chemical toxicity data for aquatic life, terrestrial plants and wildlife
- EPA Expo Box - a toolbox created to assist with assessing exposure.
- Ecological Structure Activity Relationships - a computerized predictive system that estimates the aquatic toxicity of industrial chemicals
- Exposure Assessment Models
Empowered by the Clean Water Act, the EPA strives to manage, protect and restore the water resources and ecosystems of the nation's marine and fresh waters.
- CADDIS: The Causal Analysis/Diagnosis Decision Information System - developed to help scientists and engineers in the Regions, States, and Tribes conduct causal assessments in aquatic systems
- Ecosystems Services and Restoration
- Green Infrastructure Research
- Nutrients Management Research
Wetlands and Watersheds
- Wetlands, Oceans & Watersheds: Databases and Mapping
- Wetlands Monitoring and Assessment
- Watershed Protection Research
- Watershed Central
- Science Notebook: Wetlands