You are here:
Technical Support and Regulatory Assistance
EPA provides technical support and regulatory assistance for priority activities designed to address water supply and aquatic life protection in the Delta. Recent documents and products are provided below along with technical products that supported water quality standards and protection of aquatic life in the mid 1990s.
2011 EPA Low Salinity Zone Workshop
EPA convened a technical workshop to evaluate the relationship between the low salinity zone (where marine and freshwater mix) and aquatic life populations including fish, zooplankton, and phytoplankton. Workshop products were provided to the State Water Resources Control Board to use as they consider updates to water quality standards intended to protect aquatic life.
Read the workshop products.
- Delta Flow Criteria Presentation (PDF) (24 pp, 2 MB) : Presentation by Dr. Bruce Herbold, EPA R9 Fisheries Biologist, to the State Water Resources Control Board at the March 22 - 24 Delta Flow Criteria hearing.
- Delta Flow Criteria Written Comments (PDF) (4 pp, 75 K) : Written comments by Dr. Bruce Herbold, EPA R9 Fisheries Biologist, to the State Water Resources Control Board following the March 22 - 24 Delta Flow Criteria hearing.
2008 California State Water Resources Control Board Strategic Workplan for the Bay-Delta
- EPA written comments on Bay Delta Strategic Workplan - EPA Comments (PDF) (4 pp, 29 K)
- EPA comments at SWRCB March 19, 2008 public workshop on development of San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta Strategic Workplan (PDF) (3 pp, 23 K)
1993 San Francisco Estuary Project Managing Freshwater Discharge to the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary, the Scientific Basis for an Estuarine Standard
- Managing Freshwater Discharges to the SF Bay Delta Estuary: the Scientific Basis for an Estuarine Standard (PDF)(128 pp, 4 MB)
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.