SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest
The annual SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest is a collaboration between the SHADE Foundation of America and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SunWise Program. The goal of the contest is to raise awareness about sun safety and promote creative health and environmental education for K–8 students across the U.S.
The deadline for submission is April 1, 2014.
Original, hand-drawn posters must illustrate at least five ways to prevent skin cancer and raise sun safety awareness. Examples of prevention and awareness tips include:
- using sunscreen
- wearing sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat
- seeking shade between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun is most intense
- covering up with full-length clothing
- checking the UV Index
National prizes* this year include:
- Digital camera for top five entries
- Winning posters will be featured on the SunWise UV Index mobile app
- A trip to the award ceremony in Washington, D.C. and an iPad for the national contest winner
A trip to the award ceremony in Washington, D.C. and $500 for the national contest winner’s sponsoring teacher
A portable shade structure and $500 grant for the national contest winner's school
Winning posters will be featured on the SunWise UV Index mobile app
*Prizes are subject to change. The administration and prizes of the SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest are funded solely by the SHADE Foundation with no federal government support.