SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest
Thousands of K–8 students participated in the 2013 SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest, a collaborative effort between the SunWise program and the SHADE Foundation of America. Poster submissions were due April 1, 2013. Learn more about the contest.
Original, hand-drawn posters must illustrate at least five ways to prevent skin cancer and raise sun safety awareness. Examples of prevention and awareness tips include:
- using sunscreen
- wearing sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat
- seeking shade between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun is most intense
- covering up with full-length clothing
- checking the UV Index
National prizes* this year included:
- Digital camera for top five entries
- A family trip to Disney World for the national contest winner
A Shade 'N Net shade structure (up to a value of $12,000) for the national winner's school
*Prizes are subject to change. The administration and prizes of the SunWise with SHADE Poster Contest are funded solely by the SHADE Foundation with no federal government support.