You are here:
2008 TRI National Analysis Basic Plus Data Files
The downloadable data files on this webpage contain the RY 2008 TRI information originally made available in September 2009. Please note that these files don't reflect any data revisions or withdrawals submitted by facilities since September 2009. If you're looking for the most current 2008 TRI data, please see the TRI Basic Data Files or TRI Basic Plus Data Files webpages.
The Basic Plus Data File are sets of seven file types (bundled into a compressed, self-extracting format for downloading) that collectively contain all the data submitted on the TRI Reporting Form R or Form A Certification Statement by facilities. The data are presented in tab-delimited ASCII text. This format loads easily into many spreadsheets and database software applications. See the TRI Basic Plus Data Files Guide for RY 2008 (PDF) for instructions on how to load the data files into MS Excel and MS Access.
TRI National Data
- File Type 1: Facility, Chemical, Releases and Other Waste Management Summary Information
- File Type 2A: Detailed Source Reduction Activities and Methods
- File Type 2B: Detailed On-Site Waste Treatment Methods and Efficiency
- File Type 3A: Details of Transfers Off-site
- File Type 3B: Details of Transfers to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW)
- File Type 4: Details of Facility Information
- File Type 5: Additional Information on Source Reduction, Recycling and Pollution Control
Note: Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams; all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
TRI Federal Facility Data
- The TRI Federal Facility File Set are data reported by federally-owned facilities. Some federal government facilities are operated by contractors. These facilities are known as Government Owned, Contractor Operated facilities or GOCOs. In cases where both the governmental entity and the GOCO contractor have both reported data for a facility, the data submitted by the federal entity is used and appears in the Federal Facility File set. In cases where only the GOCO contractor has reported, the GOCO contractor data appear in the file.
TRI State Data
- The data files for each individual state are presented in the file types described above (in a compressed, self-extracting format for downloading). Click on the individual state name in the table below.