You are here:
2012 Preliminary Dataset - Basic Data Files
Each TRI Basic Data File contains the 100 most requested data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A. The data contained in these files are presented in comma delimited .csv format and load easily into many spreadsheet and database applications. These files will be updated every two weeks as more reporting year 2012 TRI submissions are processed.
For more information about using these files, see the 2012 TRI Basic Data File Documentation (PDF). You may also refer to the 2012 TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions document for complete descriptions of the data fields. For general information about understanding and using TRI data, please see Factors to Consider (PDF).
The types of data in TRI Basic Data Files include:
- Facility Name, Address, Latitude & Longitude Coordinates, and industry sector SIC or NAICS codes
- Chemical Identification and Classification Information
- On-site Release Quantities
- Publicly-Owned Treatment Works (POTW) Transfer Quantities
- Off-site Transfer Quantities for Release/Disposal and Further Waste Management
- Summary Pollution Prevention Quantities (Section 8 of the Form R)
Note: Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams; all other chemicals are reported in pounds.