You are here:
TRI Metal Mining Information
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
EPA's TRI Program is considering modifying TRI reporting requirements that apply to metal mining operations. Some background information on the issues relevant to this action is provided below.
Stakeholder Discussion Forum
- View comments in the online discussion forum (archived - forum closed on June 30, 2010).
- View stakeholder comments in the docket.
- September 2009 - Summary of Stakeholder Suggestions
Related Information & Documents
- Summary and Qs & As of EPA's Analysis of the Decision in the Barrick Goldstrike Mines Lawsuit
- October 10, 2002 - Overburden Exemption (PDF) (5 pp, 174 K)
- June, 2001 - National Mining Association (NMA) Lawsuit and Court Ruling - Summary
- June 14, 2001 - EPA Response to NMA Re: Lawsuit Ruling - Letter
- January, 1999 - EPCRA Section 313 Industry Guidance: Metal Mining Facilities (PDF)
- May 1, 1997 - Addition of Facilities in Certain Industry Sectors; Revised Interpretation of Otherwise Use; Toxic Release Inventory Reporting; Community Right-to-Know; Federal Register: Final Rule (PDF) (59 pp, 478 K)
- June 27, 1996 - Addition of Facilities in Certain Industry Sectors; Toxic Chemical Release Reporting; Community Right-to-Know; Federal Register: Proposed Rule (PDF) (31 pp, 296 K)